A World Like Never-Never Land

Monday, October 09, 2006

first-time-blogger

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."

I never believed in faries, but I think J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan have always made me think of those beautiful tiny creatures who were presented in his play as a beam of light. A kind of light that we all can only see once we are down, depressed, in a seek for a little hope.

The world of Never-Never Land, thats what I really wana start with.

Wendy: Where do you live now?
Peter: With the lost boys. They are the children who fall out of their prams when the nurse is looking the other way. If they are not claimed in seven days they are sent far away to the Never Land.

Would I consider living in Never-Never Land ?! Well..there are two sides of that...I NEVER wana be lost in the age of 7 days !! but ofcourse..living in a Land where you will be destined to live an enternal childhood is an interesting thought. Living as a child, as innocent and pure, away from this world that is full of wars, natural disasters, car accidents, family seperations and divorces, death, lies, greed, and the lists go on..and on...

Never-Never Land is not necessarily as described by Barrie. We all have a childish side of us, living in us. I visit MY Never-Never Land at some times. While I'm teaching the cute little kiddos in the KG class, and with the petitte ones in the family. You wouldn't have to worry about how they might look or think of you, coz they still haven't been brainwashed with "the" bad thoughts. they havent faced the real world, yet.

My Never-Never Land. My world.