A World Like Never-Never Land

Monday, October 16, 2006

Countdown: 6 Days

Wow...its already the 24th of Ramadan...Its hard to believe. Twenty-four days have passed since the beginning of Ramadan. A month that I look forward to every year. What have I done ?! Hmmm..I might give myself some credit for:

  • khatm the quraan twice
  • go back to NOT listening to songs
  • going to a number of Islamic lectures
  • getting used to praying the taraweeh, sunan, shaf3-watr, and al-dhuha prayer
  • re-evaluate my life and focus on what needs to be changed to match what Allah has called upon
  • du'aa & al-tawba
  • try to wake up for al-fajir prayer every morning


To me, Ramadan is an opportunty to re-new commitment towards Allah, as well as re-astablish my relationship with our Creator. The freaky part is that Ramadan days pass really fast that you feel YOU HAVE NO TIME, and every year it passes even faster!

I always live Ramadan days as if it is the last Ramadan that I migh live. A time, when sins are forgiven. A time, when prayers and du'aa are even more stressed on. A time when you not only evaluate your connection with Allah, but you evaluate youself as a person, your beliefs, goals, and achievements.

I'll miss these days. I felt the comfort and relief in every second I spent between the hands of Allah, and inshallah I receive the strength and power to continue following the right path. The path that holds all the good for me and my future. The path that I trust and accept, whether happiness or sadness awaits me.

Finally, after these six days are over, Inshalla its gonna be EID time =) I am so looking forward to it, since I am traveling to Bahrain to celebrate it with my family. I miss them a lot. Of course there will be a LONG HIGE FAT post about this trip coz I've been counting the days to travel and see my grandmother, after one year of fraag ="( Love you mommy Shaikha...

اللهم إنا نسألك زيادة في الدين ، وبركة في العمر ، وصحة في الجسد ، وسعة في الرزق ،وتوبة قبل الموت ، وشهادة عند الموت ، ومغفرة بعد الموت ، وعفوا عند الحساب ، وأمانا من العذاب ، ونصيبا من الجنة ، وارزقنا النظر إلى وجهك الكريم ،

اللهم ارحم موتانا وموتى المسلمين واشفي مرضانا ومرضى المسليمين ، اللهم اغفر للمسلمين والمسلمات والمؤمنين والمؤمنات الاحياء منهم والاموات ، اللهم ارزقني قبل الموت توبة وعند الموت شهادة وبعد الموت جنة ، اللهم ارزقني حسن الخاتمة ، اللهم ارزقني الموت وانا ساجد لك يا ارحم الراحمين ، اللهم ثبتني عند سؤال الملكين ، اللهم اجعل قبري روضة من رياض الجنة ولا تجعله حفرة من حفر النار ،

اللهم اني اعوذ بك من فتن الدنيا ،اللهم اني اعوذ بك من فتن الدنيا ، اللهم اني اعوذ بك من فتن الدنيا ، اللهم قوّي ايماننا ووحد كلمتنا وانصرنا على اعدائك اعداء الدين ، اللهم شتت شملهم واجعل الدائرة عليهم ، اللهم انصر اخواننا المسلمين في كل مكان ، اللهم ارحم ابائنا وامهاتنا واغفر لهما وتجاوز عن سيئاتهما وادخلهم فسيح جناتك، والحقنا بهما يا رب العالمين ،

وبارك اللهم على سيدنا محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم