A World Like Never-Never Land

Monday, November 27, 2006

Beach'ing

Last weekend was such a B-L-A-S-T !

It all started when I felt like going to the beach...literally, just going there ! Walk barefoot over the sand (which is by the way a natural foot scrub--an effective one)...watch the different shades of blue that are reflected on the sea...listen to the waves...collect shells..and just live the moment !

I started googling different hotels...beginning with Oman. Although I really love that country but I was discouraged with the pictures of the hotels over there..plus they were all four stars hotels, and I thought I was into spoiling myself in a five stars one >_<

While I was into the googling process, there was a weird hotel name listed in a place I never heard of since grade 6 social studies class--JABAL AL DHANA, and I thought..THATS THE ONE !

I directly called my dad, and ofcourse I succeeded in convincing him that we ALL need a break and spend some time with each other in that specific place...he did all the arrangements and we were lucky enough to find two rooms a day or two before the weekend *thanks to the wasta*

It was time to pack up. I did not know what clothes to take with me or what kind of weather will we face. I was pretty much busy imagining how will the place turn out to be ! And I was a little scared since everyone was a bit hesitant about spending more than three hours going to some place no one has ever heard of or have been there. It was time, and we had to spend three hours from Dubai until Jabal Al Dhanna, and time went fast.

It was SO worth it !

This place was just as I imagined it would be, even more beautiful than what I thought ! The amazing shades of blue; ones I only see in pictures. The sound of the waves, the AMAZING weather...ahh I just can't find the right words to describe it !! We all had such a great peaceful family time. I stopped thinking of everything related to uni, and I really tried to make the most of it. What made it more fun is that there were no male-Arabs, which gave us more freedom in performing whatever water sports available at the hotel. SADLY, there weren't much except for the "water bicycle" which was okay.

Another thing I did not know about was the "Cultural Carnival" that takes place at the hotel. The staff dressed in cute colorful costumes, danced around, and took pictures with the hotel guests. We enjoyed that as well !

Also, I had a great time collecting shells with my cute little niece. We collected beautiful ones together. I even showed her those shells with tiny animals inside. She loved them ! We found baby crabs and snails. She was so amazed with all those cute sea creatures that she was able to find. I love the look on her face and her voice tone when she gets excited about something lol
Anyways, we placed all what we collected in a bottle and filled it up with sea water. By the next day, they were half dead and I felt so sorry for them. I convinced her to give them up and take them back to their "mommy and daddy" in the sea. I also reminded her with "Finding Nemo" and she finally agreed, with a sad look on the face...poor thing !

After spending three amazing days at Jabal Al Dhanna, it was time to go back home. I so did not want to leave, but my dad promised that we will come back some time SOON ! Everyone thanked me for such a great choice..e7im :)

Thank you DAD *hugs*