A World Like Never-Never Land

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Just the Beginning =)

Thank you for standing by my side. I wouldn't have made it without you.

*Sigh*....

*SMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILE*..................................

I'm so extremely very tremendously exceptionally enormously incredibly really happy!

el7imdilla..I've been going through a hard time the past couple of weeks. Here how it went:

  • I receive an e-mail about a job offer at a place I have been DREAMING of.
  • I receive a phonecall informing me that I have been accepted for an interview.
  • I receive an e-mail with the interview details.
  • I receive a phonecall congratulating me for a successful interview and an acceptance.
  • I receive an sms telling me that I need to get there and SIGN MY CONTRACT!!!!!

I can't believe its finally happening. I prayed so hard for Allah to ease off my path, and I thanked Him after every step during the process. I am very grateful.

It feels weird. I mean I'm transferring AGAIN to a totally new place. New environment. New people. New experience! Its overwhelming. I can finally see that what I went through was worth it after all. Being seperated from whom I feel mostly comfortable with. The lonely breaks and lunch times. The weird classmates. The feeling of always being on spot and a bit rejected. The continous breakdowns and moments of doubts. The heartbreaking offensive jokes I hear from family members regarding my goals in life. The easy frustrating projects. The repetitive information in EDC courses. The list just goes on.

Okay I really don't need to get OVER excited about it. Maybe it turns out to be the opposite of what I expect it to be? Maybe I wouldn't feel comfortable? Maybe its not the job for me? Well....I will not have answers to those questions unless I go through it; wouldn't I?

Teaching Assistant. Not bad huh?! Ofcourse I won't hold that title forever! But I could live with it for a while, and I'll SO prove that I can step further, and further, until I reach the TOP! The building looks nice. People working over there seem to be 'good'. I guess those who will be training us are supposedly professional. Oh and Steve would be there! I can't wait to see him and give him the look that says *I made it without you* and later on a look that says *I'm so taking your place* O=)

Get ready, coz its just the beginning for a pretty long journey. I hope.