A World Like Never-Never Land

Monday, February 05, 2007

Dear 2007,

"In the year of 2007 I would definitely be married, with children. I'm gonna cut my hair really short. I'll have many nieces and nephews. My weight is gonna BOOST and I will look fat. I will not be wearing eyeglasses anymore. I might even have a job and get my own salary every month. I'll have my own car, and I will go to wherever I wish to go. Or maybe, I would be studying abroad. You know what..I might want to become a doctor, so by 2007 I'll still be a medicine student."


Those were my thoughts back then...poor thing. But luckily, none became true!

Here I am. A University student. I'm getting my Bachelors degree in Early Childhood and Kindergarten Studies (a major i NEVER thought of) in about 4 months. Wow..I'm a teacher already. I've been interviewed for the first time yesterday; 4th of February, 2007. I still have two best friends, with one drifting apart, not mentioning the fact that I haven't seen her in months. I still have a long hair, and I'm still underweight (but I did gain 10 kilos since the day i joined UNI). I still wear colorful glasses with the pink ones being the last. I have one niece and a pregnant sister. I'm learning French. Oh, and I'm single.

I don't really know what the whole introduction is about, really. Every year passes by, I find myself standing in the same place, reflecting on whats going on around. It scares me to, out of the sudden, switch from a number to another. 2003 to 2004. 2004 to 2005. 2006 to 2007. 2020 to 2021. Knowing that there is no way to go back and subtract years out of my life. Not even subtracting a second.

This time, I took some time to reflect, since I was too busy thinking of my future which seems to be without a plan. I got into school knowing that by grade 4 I need to choose between Computer or French, and by grade 10 I'll be choosing between Scientific or Commercial, and by grade 12 I'll be getting ready to be a part of the UNI I'm in right now. Afterwards, I'll have 4 years to work so hard and get my Bachelors degree. Then it stops. I'll have to choose and decide what my next step will be, and in my case, my first steps are limited. Yeah, it does scare me.

What I wish for 2007 is to help me find a plan for me. Or maybe I need to find a plan for 2007. Ofcourse there is a very huge difference between what I had in mind years ago, and what I have in mind right now. Whatever happens, i do wish that 2007 will not hold any kind of loss, dissapointments, regret, mistakes, sins, or moments of hopelessness. But what would life be like if it wasn't about all that.