A World Like Never-Never Land

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fierndhisp

I wonder if there is a definition for "Friendship". Or to be specific: "A Best Friend". I've always had in mind that one should stick to particular people who would be labled as "Best Friends", but its okay to hang around those who are just "Friends".

When I was a child, I used to be very picky when it comes to choosing the 'lucky' ones. The descriptions varried ofcourse as I grew up.

In kindergarten, I noticed those who were calm, withdrawn, and isolated. I know its hard to believe, but I still remember how I felt exactly when other children were being mean and nasty to them. I acted as the super-girl who defended and protected them from the bad ones. I hated being best-friends with whoever is better than me. With those who were the teachers' "favorites".

In the primary stage, it was the opposite. I don't know why, but I always had fun with the non-locals. I even spoke like THEM. I liked the smart and popular ones. But at the same time, they MUST obey my rules.

Then it was the worst stage. TROUBLES. I was in love with troubles. I hated teachers. I always sought for attention; the bad kind of attention. My best friends were those who came up with creative ideas for troubles, and who were ready to get into a new adventure everyday.

Its the final stage already. I quit troubles. I quit attention. I was stuck with two people I never thought I'd label as my best friends. Not only that, but they will be around for the next seven years. Supposedly "around".

Anyways, enough from hell school, I wana move to the four best years of my life so far. Only that they weren't really part of those best years.

At the beginning, we used to make fun of ourselves.

"I can imagine you in a couple of years when you will pass by, wave HI, and just move on like a stranger."

"A day will come when we will go like, are you still alive?"

At the time is was funny, but when it happened, it wasn't at all. I'm not really into typing this post coz days passed and years passed, and by the end we're all okay...starting a new life and not in need of each other all the time. Maybe emotionally, but we're able to survive.

I'm not sure of how our relationship will look like five years from now, and I don't even want to think of that. Now my "best friend" is getting married, and I'm hearing it from people with the assumption that I wouldn't know. I hate it when they do that.

Oh well, I guess life goes on. It happens with everyone. We're fine. We're happy. We're best friends. I hope. I love them both.