A World Like Never-Never Land

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I'M READY

First impression...LOVELY!!

Okay lets go back to when I was feeling DOWN and DEPRESSED and all of that. It was such a BUVVVV on my face !! To start with, I had all those plans for my internship "hoping" and pretty certain about being placed at a special needs center. Being a 100% full-time special needs teacher.

Four years later..."I'm sorry, but they did not accept you as an intern teacher."

I felt that all my dreams and the pinky bright future is gone. But hey, I can't give up. I prayed so hard to make it work out at the end. El7imdilla...9alat eleste5ara NEVER failed me. Although I was still not accepted at a special needs center, but I got over it. Then I was informed that I'm doing my internship at an inclusive classroom which is GREAT. Its gonna add so much to my experience especially once I start teaching at a government school. I'm gonna be THE inclusion expert!!

Well, yesterday I went to visit my lovely school and I met the sweetest teachers ever. God I so love teaching. Just for the fact that most people who choose teaching as a profession are the sweetest on earth. And I mean the ones who are true teachers. Teachers for REAL. They're very cooperative, nice, kind, and with smiley faces. I insist on MOST of them; not ALL.

Anyways, first I met an Indian lady. She's the inclusion expert over there. I barely heard her voice. She's such a respectful lady and I bet I'm gonna bore her to death with my questions about inclusion. Not literally ofcourse O=)

Then !!!! I met my Canadian mentor teacher. Origins: half Palastinian, and half Italian. Weird mix, but I might consider practicing my poor Italian with her. The first two things I noticed were her knee-length cute pinky-violet skirt (which I have previously seen at a shop & I liked it but I didn't find my size) AND her really big time curled hair. Such a sweetie !! "A perfect team."

I felt really great after this visit. I think my teaching is gonna be a million times better at a private school than a government one (secret: English language). However, I'm already missing the local children. Not to sound like a racist, but they relate to me in a different way. I mean I saw this little local girl at my current school, and the second she saw me she was like "essalam 3alaikm" with a very cute and shocked look. Like she has never spoken Arabic in years lol

Anyway, I've never done a practicum at a kindergarten private school and I'm so looking forward to it! By the way, I'll have to keep a daily log to hand in by the end of my internship. So I guess what I'll do is use my blog for something useful ;)