A World Like Never-Never Land

Saturday, June 02, 2007

The End =)

It took me a while to realize the kind of feelings im going through...i guess i took this internship more seriously than I was supposed to...I was just too SAD to leave that gate..especially with Raven following me saying "..don't go home..why are you going home.."

My heart was aching that morning..not because I wanted to go back to sleep..but this time it was because of waking up at 6:00 for the last time! At least for now.

I went into the school and acted as if im staying for 10 more weeks. I wanted to void the whole WE WILL MISS YOU thing and the hugs that come with it. Obviously, I had to tell the children that it was my last day, but it was hard for me to spit it out! So Aida did it instead, and their reaction made it even worse. Didn't cry..YET !

It was such a lovely day with the kids. I played around with them, we laughed together, we painted, and read stories. It was lovely until Aida decided to prepare SURPRISE for me..the second I was asked to leave the class in order for the kids to prepare themselves for the surprise was the exact moment I started to shed tears...especially since no one was around!

While I was waiting..I started rewinding the tape to my very first day...March 18th...its hard to describe the feelings I experienced until May 25th...I'm glad I kept those feelings saved in my blog coz I'll always want to go back to readthose beautiful memories I have of K1 Yellow.

THEN...i was asked to step into the classroom for the surprise! Just looking at those cute little angels sitting down so quietly and excited about the "I love you" song was so touching. I couldnt hold myself from crying, and laughing at the same time coz the kids looked so confused about seeing their teacher cry while they were singing happily! lol They gathered around me after it was over and asked me to stop crying and started hugging me (isn't that CUTE?)

Listen to the NOT cute part! about whom? YES...MOHAMMED...after the hugz were over I realized that there was one child missing! It was him...I approached him and I saw his very sad face looking downwards..I expected him to say something nice, but he was like "I DON'T LIKE HUGGING YOU................" lol Oh and he did mention earlier that he didn't like me...Although that was MEAN...but I do understand Mohammed by now =) he is such a unique spoiled little boy..

My day ended with those hugs I'll never forget. I fell in love with each and every single one of them. They all touched me in different ways. I'm not sure if thats how every intern teacher felt like in the very first teaching experience, but in my case, it surely did affect me. I wonder if May 25th, 2007 is actually my last day at that school. There might be more days to come.