A World Like Never-Never Land

Monday, June 04, 2007

Thoughts

My capstone looks pretty good, although I wish I kinda preformed my research on a bigger scale. Only if................................bass el7imdilla !! I guess a "bigger-scale" one would turn out to be more than a 100 pages...so the 50 pages one is not that bad =P

Hmmm...tomorrow...I really need to go back to school and take my 5th interview...and to give out the chocolate that I had bought for them! And and and..oh yeah I need to copy my pictures that Aida took of me...and ofcourse..I really wana see the children and the teachers!

I've been thinking today of my Summer plans. Since I would end up staying here, I really wana use my time in something 'productive'. Awwal ma I get the transcript I'm gonna send out my CVs to every option I have right now:

  • The Ministry schools
  • Private schools
  • DEC
  • Takamul 'again'

Limited options =S but I do believe that Insha'Allah I will be accepted in the place that holds all the good for me, even if it took a while. I truely believe in that.

After the CVs thing, I'll have to continue my French classes. I also want to go back to the gym. I need to fix my room and make sure that everything is complete. Then, it's Madness's wedding!!! *excited*. And YEAH I asked ms.Bookworm to help me prepare a "Reading List" =D emmmmmmmmmm I wana buy some books in special ed. Then I have my cuzin's wedding. Then my sister's new baby arrival. I guess thats a brief of my Summer for this year! I hope it turns out to be a useful one.

One thing that has been on my mind lately is my mother's uncle's recent death. I know it might sound that we're not really that related, but he is like my mother's father. The father who raised her and her 7 siblings. Seems like such a hard job for him, especially since he's not really the father. I wana write about him coz I'm afraid that I might forget him someday. Although it's hard to forget his sweet smile and laughter. His long white beard that always smelled like dihin 3ood. How he used to tease us in English (imagine an old man speaking English?!). How I sat on his laps when I was a child and turned his beard into braids using my hairclips. How I used to get so frustrated on Eid's day coz I had to put on a skirt instead of a trouser, because it would make him so angry. He really loved having us around him.

My mom just came back from his 3eza, and told me many stories that happened over there. All their family members gathered; the ones they have never seen since AGES. They discovered new relatives. The differences between them and the "other" half of the family. Another thing I never new was how well-know he used to be. Not for his money or wealth, but for his relegious and caring personality. His smile was also written about in their newspapers and forums. I knew he had a special smile. We all saw that smile in him.

I was also amazed by the story of his death. He was in the hospital for the past couple of weeks. Before he died, he insisted to go back home. He sat with his granddaughter and asked her to read with him qur'aan. Seb7anAllah. He read Yaseen, AlMulk, AlKahf, and Alfatiha for 7 times, and then he closed his eyes. Never opened them again. Hours before his death, his sister came to visit him. She thought he was asleep.

My uncles described how he looked like when he was dead. They said it weirdly changed to turn younger and younger. It was white and round with red cheeks. He looked like a 16 years old. He was very tall and not heavy at all. People from all around Bahrain were there the moment he was burried. Allah yir7ama. I'm so glad to know that he was not only loved by us. But loved and respected by his own people. I'm sure they'll miss him too.

Death is very hard to accept, especially when it's someone you know and care about. It's like your loved ones disappear, knowling that you'll never get to see or hear their voices again. You just wish if you were to spend one more minute with them...or you regret the times that you missed being around them...

Allah yijma3na Insha'Allah at a better place...feljanna =)