A World Like Never-Never Land

Friday, September 14, 2007

September ROCKS

MISS YOU MY BLOG!

Right after that very last screwed interview, my life has changed. Okay, well, I did have a 2nd interview at that crazy ministry, but this time I managed to regain some of my dignity and self-respect. I did refuse to answer questions. I answered like I never cared. All what was goin in my mind was ME...I..MYSELF...I didn't want the whole idea of getting a job make me forget the real me and what I believe in. Although I did screw up, but I walked out of that room with a very big smile on my face. I made it =)

Done from the stupid ministry, and back to my life. My new life. That job came out of nowhere. It 'was' the job of my dreams. It was the career I fought for in the last 4 years, but gave up on long time ago. Its what I've been reading about in books and researches, but never dared to picture myself being in such a position. Special education. My passion, goal, dream, all what I think of!! Can't describe how grateful I am...and I truely believe that I got this job for a reason.

Special education teacher. WOOOOHOOOOOO FINALLY =D I've got my own class...my own students..my own assitant!! Its too perfect to be true!! I know I've got a very difficult section --cerebral palsy-- but I AM SO READY FOR IT. I read every freakin web-site that has the word, planning to read every book about special ed at uni's library, and will ALWAYS work on my teaching skills, strategies bla bla in all ways possible..just to make sure that I do a good job at it. Its what I want. What I've always wanted.

So I got to see my class, and my neighbor (teacher) who seems really cool. What I'm curious about are my students!! I already read their files and couldnt stop picturing them or creating lesson plans in my head just to meet their IEP goals. They're 4 girls and 1 boy. Not very old. Age range 5 to 12. IQ not extremely low, just below average. Every student has a very interesting history, or story. I kinda see how Torey Hayden wrote her books , coz seriously, every one of them is special.

Thats just a brief, or an introduction to whats coming NEXT. I so can't wait for my very first day!

16.9.2007