A World Like Never-Never Land

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New World

"It's students like you who make us proud"--Chris Coughlin

Today I graduated.

I had in mind a very different feeling than what I'm experiencing right now. Whenever I decide that this is my last day at uni, I search for something so that I could show up again at the entrance of the College of Education, Wing C: "your 2nd home..."--Renee Taylor

I feel so confused and I don't really feel like typing down paragraphs describing how much I'm gonna miss my 2nd home, and most importantly "the best teachers in the world"--Ronald Brown. What I wana do instead is copy-paste parts of the speech that I didn't get the chance to do on my mini-graduation ceremony! Not for a specific reason, but I don't think I was ready for it...I guess It feels different now..The feeling I was experiencing back then (when I wrote it for my Public Speaking) was different than what I'm experiencing at the moment. Now that it is TRUE. And just before I do that..Bookworm..i just wana say few words!

The moment I saw you at that club meeting, I knew you were very special. And you turned out to be even more special than I thought you were. I have faith in you and I so believe in what you can achieve. I can understand how hard it is to be part of Education, especially in our country. But I guess we can make the change that can affect others and their future. We are the change!
Thank you for being my friend and sister. Thank you for being there for me whenever I needed you. Thank you for looking after the club and turning it into such a great club that is well-known for its creativity, and changing the idea of having Education=BOREDOM. You've done so much, and I am very proud of getting to know someone like you. It's a blessing. And I do know that you're someone I will never want to lose contact with EVER! You made this day memorable because you showed up and became part of it =)


"It was so overwhelming to transfer from a place where I studied for fourteen years around the same people, into a totally different place where I saw few familiar faces. It is a transition, I thought, and now I realize it was worth it. "
"The only thing I did not learn yet is how to miss being at --University. I’ll miss being around the most respected and sincere professors. I’ll miss being around unique friends, and those whom I can refer to as one of a kind. I’ll miss going through the self-discovery experience and decision-making, which will always continue throughout my life. The only difference this time is that I will be alone. "


"make sure that you hold on to those memories and cherish them. Make sure that you build on those memories to make up the most valuable experience ever. Use every opportunity you can to prove yourself and what you are capable of. And most importantly, believe in who you are, and follow your dreams to the extremes. I will not say the sky is your limit, since there are no limits of what one can do."



"إن تعليم الناس و تثقيفهم في حد ذاته ثروة كبيرة نعتز بها، فالعلم ثروة، و نحن نبني المستقبل على أساس علمي"
الشيخ زايد بن سلطان آل نهيان -رحمه الله-
"Educating people and providing them with knowledge is a great wealth that we are proud of. Education is a wealth and we build our future on an educational base."--Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan (May Allah Bless his Soul)